Toronto-Danforth Federal Liberal candidate Grant Gordon, alongside the Hon. Stéphane Dion, MP announced a prominent group of environmentalists that will form an advisory council to Mr. Gordon on environmental matters.
“I am so fortunate to have been joined today by Mr. Dion who will Chair a special advisory council on environmental issues in Toronto- Danforth”, said Gordon. “The people of Toronto- Danforth take the issue of the environment very seriously. I take the environment very seriously.”
When polled, environmental issues constantly rank within the top three issues for residents in Toronto-Danforth. The advisory council that Mr. Gordon created today will help advise on this important issue and to address the poor air quality in this region of Toronto:
- Hon. Stéphane Dion, MP
- Lois Corbett, Environmental Advisor
- Ian Lipton, Chief Operating Officer, The Carbon Accounting Company
- Bobbi Hunter, Eco-Activist
- Phil Winters, CEO E Gen Power Inc.
- Rob Newman, Former Deputy Leader, Green party of Ontario
- Gill Deacon, Author, Former Director of Evergreen Foundation, World Wildlife Foundation
- Paul Charbonneau, Energy Advocate, former candidate for the Green Party of Ontario
- Don Huff, President, Environmental Communications Options
- Andrew Heintzman, Chair, Premier’s Climate Change Advisory Panel for the Province of Ontario
“As the former leader of the Federal Liberal party, I campaigned on environmental issues”, said Stephane Dion. “I am here to help Mr. Gordon and the residents of Toronto Danforth in recognising and taking action on the environmental issues that affect them at home.”
Liberal candidate Grant Gordon is the true local candidate. He will fight for jobs, pensions and opportunity for the people of Toronto-Danforth.